This is something I struggle with, everything else just tastes so good! With my background in the medical field, and you know, just being a human, I know that it is VITAL to your life, and it does a whole lot of cool stuff. First, let us discuss just a few of the coolest benefits from increasing your water intake, and these might influence you to try to do it. (I am currently forcing myself to drink water while I type this, motivation y’all)
- Mainly, your skin looks better! Nothing looks as good as hydrated skin, and it will save you TONS of money on skincare, because you won’t need it! Still use that skincare though, because nothing is better than good skincare.
- If you are worried about your diet, then water will help. It will help with weight loss, and if you are like me, then it may save you from your random snacking habits! So, that will leave all of the room for the extra glass of wine, don’t worry, I am always looking out for you. (Plus, wine is healthy too! It is like an hour in the gym, apparently)
- The world is also full of these crazy water infusions that have like a billion benefits. From skin clearing, to pain relieving, to increasing your sex drive, there is something for everyone. You also get your fruits and veggies in as well as your water. Talk about a time saver!
- It is also is an amazing cleanser for your body, it flushes everything out that you do not need. If you start feeling cruddy, drink a couple of glasses a water, and usually it can save you from being sick, or definitely reduce the time you may be sick. Your immune system is pretty important.
So, we have some reasons to drink water now, what is next? How we can put down our sodas/teas/beers/wines/starbucks/sixth makers and coke, whatever you are drinking. Trust me girl, I have always tried to tell myself that there is water in the soda that I am drinking, and that counts right? No, it doesn’t, don’t try and pull that one on me. I know better! So, here are some tips on how to drink more water!
- Like I previously said, throw your favorite fruit in there! Look up some recipes, and figure it out! You need joint relief? Drink it! You need your boyfriend to want to climb into bed with you? Both of ya’ll drink it! You hate water, but you are trying to get your fitness on, and you can’t put down the powerade? Drink it anyway! My personal favorite is kind of weird, and I did it by accident once. So here it is….peaches, strawberries, and cilantro. I literally thought the cilantro was mint one day, and we all know what happened. Try it though, it is dope.
- There’s an app for that! App stores are full of ways to hack your life, and there is this one app that I used to have called I think Plant Nanny? Maybe? You got a little seed, and you had to drink water to make the plant grow up. So basically, it pulls at your heart strings. Whatever, it used to work until I became lazy.
- Buy a cute cup, and make sure you use a straw. This is the one thing that works for me, I will always buy really cute cups that I like to carry around, and it tells my brain to drink it. I have no idea why, but it works very well. Straws also let you continuously drink without actually realizing what is going into your mouth. (Keep the jokes to yourself, peeps!) Bonus points for cute straws!
- My final piece of advice, and something I do also is I set goals. Oh, commercial break? Drink as much as I can before my show comes back on. Bathroom Break? Drink a glass right after. Little things like this make it like a challenge, and actually make it fun for you to do. Having little goals is a great way to improve your overall mood, eliminate stress, and get healthy without realizing.
If you have any tips, let me know! I am always looking for ways to become healthy, but making it fun. As always, stay out of trouble!