Greetings World! I don’t know about you, but I cannot stand getting up. I will do it when I have an awesome reason (vacation/food), or if there is no getting around it (class/jury duty). Another of my resolutions for this year was to start getting up early, and to stop being so lazy! I know, I know, it is much easier to say than to do. I am going to give you my tips on how I actually have been working towards being a productive part of society in the AM.
- Set an alarm for before you actually have to get up. So easy. I have done this for years actually, and it really does help. I do this because it gives me a chance to actually start doing something in the morning which helps me get moving. I will usually go make some breakfast, or hop in the shower. My brain registers those as things that people do when they are awake. Similar to setting an early alarm, I also set alarms for when I need to be leaving, and I give myself a five minute warning for that. I really hate being late, if you couldn’t tell. (Put your alarm away from your bed, it will make you physically move too!)
- Prep your morning. Let me explain. As we all did in high school, pick out your outfit the night before. The more you love it, the more you will want to get your lazy butt out of bed. Get your bag ready for school, work, whatever you are doing. Having things done in the morning makes you feel like you have more time to yourself, which is always important to me. I also will get all of the items I need for breakfast and place them on a shelf in the fridge. All of these things cause my brain to think we are more together than we actually are.
- Do something you like to do in the morning. For me, I love getting up and working on the blog or homework, and watch my television shows from the day before. Because I am excited to watch those programs, it helps me get up and stay up to enjoy them. I also am more productive when I multi-task. It sounds weird, but it somehow reduces my anxiety, and lets me just work. Even now I am watching a Youtube video as well as writing this.
- Okay, I admit this is something I do not do. I am trying to get to this place though, I used to be all about it. Hit the gym girl! A. it gives you the energy boost you need to get going. B. working out always makes us feel so great, and like we are super productive (that’s how I felt at least). C. um, we all want to be the best version of ourselves, and that definitely involves our health.
- This seems like a weird thing, but I love to meditate in the morning. It helps me focus on what I need to get done during the rest of my day, and starts me off in a really peaceful place. I use this as sort of a morning treat.
- Make your bed! After you do it, you normally don’t want to climb back in and mess up what you just did. It will also keep you off of it and get you moving around your house. Plus, it will be a great thing to crawl back into later on in the day!
What are some of your morning tips? I am always looking to get better at getting up, leave a comment, and let me know!