Happy fall everyone! I cannot believe it is already so late into September, where has the time gone? My blogging tribe and I have been talking for a few months about doing another collab since the last one was so much fun for us to do, we decided to do another one! This time we are talking about our favorites for fall, and things that we just cannot do these next couple of months without, so let’s get into it.
Before I get super into my own favorite things, be sure to go and check out all of my friends and see what they love for fall, or what they are planning on getting into! It may give you some ideas for your upcoming weekend!
EatLoveWear.com/ Charline & Kimmy
Like most females my age, I reallllly love fall. I get to wear cozy sweaters, I get to go to football games, and most importantly…there are no more bugs left to bite me! Yay! Here are my top 5 must haves for fall, in no particular order…
- Bean Boots: I am pretty sure everyone in American knows what these are. If you were one of the unfortunate ones to be on that 100,000 person waiting list, I am so sorry. I have had Bean Boots since I was about 13, I grew up in a pretty mountainous region, and basically, they were cool here before they got cool everywhere else. I have the standard 8″ pair, and during fall and winter, this is pretty much all I wear. They run about $100 bucks, but I still have the pair that I had when I was 18, so clearly they last a long time. I recently retired my old ones, and bought a new pair, and they are still the same shoe. I like to be extra basic and wear mine with leggings and some fluffy socks. These are also a great alternative to rainboots! My hunters are extremely heavy, and these are much easier (and comfier!) to walk in.
2. Oversized Plaid Scarves: I AM OBSESSED. It is kind of a problem. When it even starts to get colder out, I wear one every single day. My previous boss actually bought me the tan one that you see in the photos, and I swear that I had it on every single day I got cold. When I went to Scotland in May, I really wanted to get an actual tartan from Scotland because #tourist, and I found this gorgeous green/navy/black one while we were shopping in the city. I think they can add a lot to an outfit in terms of color, and just being an accessory in general. Not to mention, they keep you warm. I have used them as blankets for picnics, cushions to sit on, blankets, you name it! Probably the most versatile object to have in your fall wardrobe.
3. Halloween Movies: It is not fall without talking about Halloween. Which is tied with Christmas as being my favorite holiday. I honestly can’t decide. I am pretty traditional when it comes to my holiday movies, and you probably know what it about to be on my top 3 list. Don’t act surprised. A lot of the movies I watch around holidays bring back feelings of my childhood when everything was magical and fun. Why should adult life be any different?
Hocus Pocus: Classic Disney film! 3 witches come back to terrorize a New England town (also a bad*** drinking game to play with your friends!). Has Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker back in the day, if you haven’t seen this, where have you been?! Email me, and I will email you a list of every time this is coming on Freeform (ABC Familly, RIP) this fall. It is pretty much every day, or you can pick it up at Target for $5 bucks, heyyy!
Harry Potter: I primarily love the first one around this time of year. I feel like this could be just a fall/winter movie series. I also love to watch them around Christmas, but let’s get back on topic. Boy has no idea he is a wizard, goes to this amazing school, fights off a lot of bad stuff, you know the movie!
Halloweentown: Be still my beating heart, I watch this all year round. I watched it the day after my birthday….which is in July. These three kids have this kooky grandma who lives in…you guessed it, Halloweentown, where everything is Halloween themed (a dream of mine, really). They end up going back with her, and end up fighting off “the bad thing” and you know the drill. Also! The sequel to this one is just as good as the original!
4. Hot Toddies: Recipe time folks! This never happens on here! You can ask any of my friends, I love Bourbon. Maybe it is the Southerner in me, I am not quite sure. I was introduced to this drink in of all places: Oxford, Mississippi (Hotty Toddy, Go Rebs!). I guess maybe this is the drink of Ole Miss, I sure saw enough people drinking it when I was there! This is one of those warm alcoholic beverages that tend to make people cringe and get weirded out, but it is good, trust me. Oh, did I mention how amazing they can be to heal a cold? Yeah, get on it!
1 oz shot of your choice of Bourbon
1/2 cup of water
1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp of organic honey
1/2 cinnammon stick
2 cloves (to your taste obviously)
1 lemon slice
*drink responsibly, and change to suit your tastebuds*
5. College Football: For those who know me know that I am pretty intense when it comes to my sports teams. I have genuinely walked out of a date because I found out he was an Alabama fan, and I just could not work with that. Honestly. I have a lot of friends who do not really get what is so fun about it, and I am here to tell you why I love it. I love being around people in general, and if I can be around a ton of people who are passionate about something like I am, then that is awesome. For twelve saturdays out of the year, we can look past all of the turmoil happening in our world, and come together to support some kids playing a sport they love as well as getting an education in the mean time. Pretty cool if you ask me. I am definitely one to talk some game when it comes to supporting my teams, and have no shame at all. Plus, if you ever came to my dad’s tailgate at the University of Tennessee, you would understand it too. Neyland is a glorious place. It is like Disney World for adults who love orange. It gives me something to look forward to every week, and something to talk about in between those days. As always, Go Vols!