It is that time of year again when we have to start being worried about how we should improve ourselves next year. I will be the first to say that I am pretty much horrendous at this, and I don’t think I have ever stuck to a resolution through the entire year, which is why this year my resolution is to make and stick to a resolution! I have compiled a list of five pretty simple resolutions that will really help you develop yourself in the upcoming year.
- SPEND MORE ALONE TIME: I know that I love being alone. It gives me time to be in tune with myself, as well as recharge to be sure that I am giving my best self to my friends and family when I do spend time with them. Spending a day inside on the weekend, or even just cuddling up to a good movie during the week. I have noticed when I spend time alone, I value my friendships and even the conversations I have more than I normally would. I am also able to get more things done around my apartment which helps me keep a clear mind.
- GET A PLANNER AND USE IT: I swear by mine. I cannot even imagine how many things that I would miss if I did not have them written down and planned out. There are so many cute planners out now, and they are completely customizable to your personality and needs. The first of the year is a great way to just get your life on track, and organization is the first step towards that.
- BECOME ACTIVE IN YOUR COMMUNITY: Go out to those small stores, go to those locally sourced restaurants, go to the farmer’s markets! Get out there! It is an amazing way to give back to the community you live in and also have some rare stories or items that you can’t find anywhere else. I have been absorbing the neighborhood that I live in, and it has been an amazing experience. I also have been able to make some friends along the way!
- TRY AND COOK AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK: First off, cooking is amazing, and it is something I am striving to be better at every day. It is so easy to run and pick up something quick and easy, but why not spend the time to make your own meals. You can also use these to impress friends and family members when they come around as well! I find cooking to be pretty relaxing and a way of expressing my creativity. Knowing what is going into your food usually makes it healthier as well!
- DECLUTTER YOUR HOUSE AND YOUR LIFE: I know that I am notorious for having things that I do not need. I just love to collect things, and I am convinced that I could need something at any time. I recently moved into a new apartment, and I have been focusing on keeping it clean and organized and free from clutter and messes. We all love clean homes and stress free lives, so I think this is a resolution that a lot of people can get behind.
What is your New Year’s resolution? Also, if you have tips on how to stay on track, let me know down below! Which resolution is your favorite?