I don’t know about you, but I am pretty obsessed with movies. They are something that I can just put on, and instantly be in a better mood. I have put together five of my absolute favorite GNI movies for your next get together!
- Easy A: I don’t know about you, but I am obsessed with Emma Stone. Maybe it is the red hair that makes me feel close to her, but who knows. I think this movie is a pretty great spin on your traditional high school movie. Now, I am not telling you to go out and wear lingerie, or embroider “A” on any of your clothing, but just enjoy it! Penn Badgley who is the ultimate babe, a “before she was crazy” Amanda Bynes, and a pretty fantastic card that sings Natasha Bedingfield’s “Sweet Escape” all make this a staple movie in my life.
- Friends With Benefits: Controversial man! I think this came out a little bit after Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman’s “No Strings Attached”, and I think everyone in the world has their own favorite between these two movies. I obviously picked Friends With Benefits. Not only is it because of the love of my life, JT, but I think it is a pretty solid representation of what happens when you try to do the FWB thing with a pal. Feelings always get caught. You aren’t fooling anyone. Also, it has Emma Stone cussing about John Mayer! Mila Kunis is one of my favorite actresses as well. I actually watched this the other day, because it is that perfect.
- He’s Just Not That Into You: I would say don’t watch this if you are going through a break up, but I have, and it helped in a weird way. It has all of your favorite heavy hitters in it, and is one of those movies that has a ton of different story lines going, but all roll into one main story. Jennifer Goodwin’s character is definitely every girl after she meets a guy, I know that I am guilty, for sure.
- Crazy Stupid Love: Good lord, I love this movie. Yes, I know, it has Emma Stone in it again, and I am not going to apologize for that. It also has a topless Ryan Gosling, your ovaries will thank you later. I love this movie because it shows the struggle with romance at different ages, and levels. Not crazy uplifting, but I think it is definitely one to watch.
- Valentine’s Day: Okay, this is like HJNTIY. BUT, it is focused around people in LA and their adventures/mishaps on Valentine’s Day. Personally, I don’t think I have ever had anything romantic going on during VDay, but there is a ton of candy, and I love it. Anne Hathaway is absolutely hysterical in this movie, and it has a crazy Taylor Swift circa Taylor Lautner days. No shade here, but this is also the only movie I like Jessica Biel in (I am just bitter about her marrying JT).
What movies do you love to watch? Also, are you part of the GG Movie Night on Twitter? A bunch of people from all over the world get online and watch a movie together, just in case you have not had a good GNI lately! Which one of these movies is your favorite, and do you love Emma Stone as much as I do (apparently)?