What’s up friends? Since it is basically, sort of, almost March, that means it is almost spring break time! To be honest, I am just going to my parent’s house…exciting…I know. BUT if I were going, these are things that I feel like are pretty essential to a vacation, and things I would definitely be stuffing into my bag. Let’s get into it, right?
- SUNSCREEN!!! Please! For those of you that don’t know, I am a ginger, so that means I burn just walking to the mailbox. I made the mistake last year of not wearing sunscreen, and I still have tan lines from sun poisoning I got….in May! There is a ton of research about how anything over 50 SPF doesn’t do anything, but I won’t get into that. We all know. I usually stick to around a 30, and it is perfect for my magically porcelain skin. Even if you tan, you want to tan, or you are just naturally dark, you still need some sort of protection. Plus, it will save you money on skincare later down the road. Trust.
- Hydration. I know that spring break is all about having fun, and seeing who can drink a bottle of tequila the fastest, but let’s be real…drink you water. Not only will it help with your hangover the next day, but it will improve your skin. Staying too long in the sun without proper hydration can really be detrimental to your health. There is a solid reason that we are supposed to drink six to eight glasses of water a day. If you are like me and hate drinking water, get a cute water bottle. It actually makes a difference, I promise.
- Hats. Usually when I am in the sun, I am lounging. Pool, beach, wherever I can lay down. I am a huge fan of a hat, not only does it help you stay cool, it also protects to your face from the rays of the sun which cause wrinkles. I think this one is super adorable, and if you check on pinterest, there are a couple awesome DIY projects available. I will probably have a post on that closer to when the time comes.
- Shoes. So, hopefully you are going somewhere that requires sandals. If there is one thing I cannot stand in the world…it is flip flops. Unless you are using a public shower, invest in some cute sandals. You can wear them to the beach or pool where them during the day, and if you pick the right ones, you can dress them up at night. If you are like me, you have to be careful about which ones you pick. Shoes that are super flat can hurt your feet after a long day of walking on them.
- Towels. So many uses. Great for sitting on, rather it be at the pool or beach. If it starts to get cold, they can be used as a blanket. Obviously, they help dry you off, and can be used as an umbrella in times of need. I always enjoy buying cute towels that are different from all of the other ones you see. Not only does it help me find my seat in a sea of chairs, but it is also a super easy way of helping your friends find you. “I have the Lilly Pultizer patterned Yankees towel, it isn’t hard to spot!” – (an actual thing I wish I owned)
- Sunglasses. I know, you’re sick of the redhead thing! I have fair eyes, and even when it is cloudy, I cannot go outside without sunglasses. I love any kind of sunglasses. I have this one pair that I got at forever 21 for like five bucks, and I still have them! My boyfriend calls me Yoko Ono when I wear them. I have this thing about sunglasses, if they are perfect for you, you will never lose them. I cannot wait for us to have our one year anniversary in June <333.
- Self Tanner. Like I said, I am a redhead. Not only do I burn, but I also cannot tan. So, instead of blinding the general public with my Dita Von Tease pale skin, I am an avid user of self tanner. My favorite for years has been the St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse. It is easy to apply, and leaves a very natural color. Unless you saw me the day before, I probably would just like a less pale redhead. Joke is on you, it’s all fake, but safe! Even if you can tan, you probably should be self tanning. It is insanely more safe, and will help you look a whole lot better when you get older. Think about it!
- Bikini! Duh, you need a cute bathing suit. I am all about getting one in a neutral color…I also just love neutral colors. They match everything, and are easy to accesorize (if you are into that). Throw a great high-waisted skirt over those bottoms, and you have a pretty cute outfit to go grab lunch at a beach-side place. Victoria’s Secret always has great bathing suits, and for pretty reasonable prices.
- Beach Bag. So, you listened to me, right? You have all of your necesseties, and you are wondering how the hell you are going to carry all of this stuff…grab a beach bag. Canvas bags are cool, but I think there is something oddly exotic and tropical about a great wicker bag. There are tons of DIY projects on Pintrest to make the bag your own!
Find all of these awesome things down below!
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen
- Kate Spade New York “Just Add Water” Bottle
- Sunny Wide-Brimmed Straw Hat
- Rachel Zoe Scarlett Sandals
- Yes Way Rose’ Beach Towel
- Ray Ban Rose Gold Sunglasses
- St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse
- Marysia’s Antibes Scallop
- Peri East/West Tote