We are already in September, it is kind of crazy. I love this time of year, and all of the colors that go along with it. As a self proclaimed beauty junkie, I am shocked I have not made any posts about nail polish yet. Before we really get into the pits of fall, I decided to show you what my favorite colors are for the season. Some tried and true, and some are that are new to me as well.
- Essie “Fishnet Stockings” ($9): This is a gorgeous creamy deep red color. I am a huge fan of red nails, but this is one of the few I have continuously purchased. Since it is not your traditional red color, it gives itself to fall and all of those cozy sweaters we are about to be wearing. It also is a statement nail without being too flashy or bright.
- Essie “Midnight Cami” ($9): This is one of the first blue colors I purchased a LONG time ago. It was dark enough to fit into my goth lifestyle when I was 16, but still a color so my mother did not freak out. It has this gorgeous shimmer to it on the nail, and it looks absolutely beautiful in the sunlight. It is not the most opaque shade, so it does require more than one coat, but I think that it builds up the dimension and complexity of it.
- “Essie” Penny Talk” ($9): I have a weird relationship with metallics. I only like them for about two months out of the year, and only when it starts to get colder. Penny Talk is kind of a cult polish. It is this weird combination of rose gold and copper which is suitable for pretty much any skintone. I think this is an amazing alternative to a standard nude nail.
- Jinoon “Epidote” ($18): This is actually a new brand to me, but from what I have seen it looks incredible. Epidote is this gorgeous olive green color which once it is on the nail has almost a chameleon effect. This definitely leans on the metallic side of the spectrum as well with the iridescent properties. This is also one of those shades that would transition beautifully into winter!
- OPI “Staying Neutral” ($8): I would be lying to myself if I did not put in a taupe/nude color. In addition to wearing this kind of color all over my face, I try and wear it in as many aspects as I am humanly able to wear it. This is an opaque nude that has this amazing shine that comes with the infinite shine lines.
- OPI “Staying Black” ($8): Like the staying netural shade, this is an amazing gorgeous opaque shade. Black is such a standard color for me year round, and I still think there is something so cool about painting your nails black. I am forever 16. The Infinite Shine 2 line has time released pigments so that your manicure stays on longer and looks just as good as the first five minutes
*This post does contain affiliate links. For any purchase, I receive a certain payment*