A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Dermalogica to help with the launch of their biggest product of the year, Phyto Replenish Oil. As someone who is pretty obsessed with skincare, you can bet that I jumped for joy at this email. I have been using it for a few weeks now, so do you need it? Keep on reading!
I have been missing a facial oil in my routine for quite a while. The last one I was using was discontinued, and I could never find it again. It was a really tragic day in my life. My skin is a fickle thing, and when I find something that works, I pretty much have to stay with it. Dermalogica is a brand I was introduced to years ago, and have used on and off through that time period.
This product is part of Dermalogica’s Daily Skin Health line which is meant to give you the best skin you can have. These products are made free from artificial additives.They are also cruelty-free! Which is something i am trying to move to based on products that I use. So, what is in this oil? Let’s get going.
First off, this formula is incredibly light! It almost feels like there is nothing on your skin, and I am pretty picky about things on my skin. I have gone through a million moisturizers because of this. The new trend in skincare is to restore your skin’s barrier, and guess what, this does that too! Unlike most products, this uses phytoactives from Camellia and Tamanu oils to restore the barrier, which are ingredients I have never seen before. This is a botanically centered oil, so that means majority of the ingredients come from plants. Hello natural! Some benefits that you can expect from this oil are also to help smooth the appearance of fine lines, and to shield from the damage of free radicals. I love to know what the ingredients actually do for my skin, so here is some information about the leading ingredients.
- Camellia Oil: This was actually used by Geishas! The weight of this oil is well known for being incredibly light and features 4 different vitamins as well as 3 different omegas. This also features oleic acid as well.
- Tamanu Oil: This oil is an anti-inflammatory for the skin! This also helps to repair the damage from the sun by way of it’s regenerative properties.This can also improve the elasticity of your skin too!
- Chia Seed Oil: This is amazing for dry and sensitive skin! Since it is so rich in Omega-3, it has amazing moisturization properties. The alpha lipoic acid helps to minimize fine lines and wrinkles. This also helps with cellular function and increasing brightness on your skin!
- Sunflower Oil: The vitamin e in this oil really helps with hydration. It also can help protect the collagen and elastin in your skin that keeps you looking young!
- Rice Bran Extract: Like the rest of the ingredients, this helps a ton with the hydration and smoothness of your skin. This penetrates layers into your skin to really help from the inside out!
- Rosemary Extract:Known for helping with anti-aging, treating acne and various skin conditions, and maximizes skin tone by reducing the amount of free radicals.
Use 4/5 drops after cleansing and toning, and apply all over your skin, neck, and chest. Dermalogica has a special massage technique that you will receive along with your bottle of Phyto Replenish Oil. This technique helps to promote the absorption, boost circulation, and help to smooth lines even further! This also creates an amazing glow on your skin! It sits beautifully under makeup, and can be mixed in with your foundation to create an amazing dewy glow as well. I have been using this for up to two weeks, and have noticed a change in my skin. It has plumped up, has given me an amazingly smooth surface, and has brought back radiance to my dull skin. I also see less lines and wrinkles.
If this sounds like something you want to try, be sure to visit Dermalogica.com. From September 1st until September 29th, you can enjoy 20% off of your total purchase, even on the new Phyto Replenish Oil! Just use code ASHLEELIZ20 at checkout!
*This product was sent to me for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own*